The 17 Signs of Mold Illness – How Can This Be Treated?
You might not see it but mold is in your home and this might be the reason for feeling unhealthy. Poisoning can be really bad for the health, but can it be avoided? Can it be recognized? Read more. Doctors are not powerful here, that medicine thinks mold is not a problem. Mold poisoning can imitate many issues but signs are not precise.
What is mold?
Mold is many fungi that are in filaments and multiply with spores that fly away. We cannot see them. Mold wants humid and warm, damp areas, in and outside. Mold is bad especially for dry areas like Arizona and Nevada. Also, this can be due to floods, bad ventilation and leaks of water.
Molds also grow in corners of the shower, showerhead, bathroom…also papers, books, carpet, furniture, pets, shoes, clothes. Also air system and filters.
There is a mix of contaminants in the dust and air of water damaged buildings for example. This makes toxic chemical stew. Also mold makes toxins like mycotoxins, in fragments and spores with mold in the air. Not even one toxin makes mold illness, since the cause is water damage area.
½ of buildings in USA are water damaged and this makes more mold and illnesses. Many people spend a lot of time in these homes and work places, so mold damage is high.
Why is mold an issue?
The chronic inflammation response CIRS is mix of illness where mold belongs too. Ritchie Shoemaker, MD author of many books knew all about mold.
He said the CIRS is chronic and acute system inflammation response acquired after exposure to water damage buildings with toxic fungi, bacteria and actinomycetes.
Shoemaker added that 24% of people could not make adequate antibodies. They compromise more than 95% of people with illnesses made by water damaged buildings.
This is the next topic now, DNA role.
Why some people get more susceptible than the rest?
As we said, 24% of people are sensitive to mold. They have HLA-DR, immune gene for response. And per year, 95% of mold toxicity is here.
Those with genes for this cannot recognize various toxins in the body. Thus, toxins make persistent inflammation. Most people do not even know they have this gene.
The mold illness is an awful problem. This is when the immunity is whacked! CIRS cannot heal by itself unless treated. This is built inside the DNA and triggered when signs are present for years.
CIRS – what is it?
To diagnose this, experts gave some info:
- Signs and history consistent with biotoxin exposure
- Gene for an illness related to biotoxin exposure based on HLA susceptible haplotype identification
- Abnormalities documented by VCS tests
- Biomarkers consistent to endocrine, vascular and neuroimmune abnormal issues linked to CIRS. If you have such a history with such exposure, abnormal VCS and genotype, you might have CIRS.
Mold illness signs
- Trouble with focus, foggy brain and memory issues
- Fatigue, post workout fatigue, weakness
- Ice pick pain, nerve pain, joint pain, inflammation, arthritis, muscle cramps
- Numbness and tingling
- Blur vision, red eyes, sensitivity to light
- Asthma signs, air hunger, short breaths, sinus and cough issues
- Appetite changes, nausea, diarrhea, belly pain
- Weight gain resistance to weight loss
- Metal taste
- More urination
- Night sweats and issues with body temperature
- Static shocks
This proves that mold illness can be mistaken for other issues and be unnoticed. Science evidence for 30 years showed mold can make big health issues.
What can be done?
- Learn more about mold health issues
- Test the home for mold
- Find a medical expert trained for Shoemaker Protocol