43 Zero Carb Foods + Six Tips for Eating Zero Carb
Before we talk about this low-carb diet, let us explain first what actually is a low-carb diet. It is a type of a diet which is low in carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are present in pasta, bread and sugary foods. However, this diet is very rich in healthy fats, veggies, and protein.
Actually, there are a lot of low-carb diets out there and many studies have given the green light to these types of diets. It can actually lead to weight loss and it can additionally improve your health.
The foods which we will present you today are very low in carbs. Especially the vegetables. They possess between 0-1g net carb per serving. You need to be aware that you have to eat organic and unprocessed seafood and meats because in case you process some foods like ham, bacon, burgers, jerky or others, you may increase their amount of carbohydrates.
Note that it is advisable to check the labels on food before you purchase it.
This is what your diet should include.
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Coconut oil
- Safflower oil
- Sunflower oil
- Corn oil
- Peanut oil
- Heavy cream
- Almost all types of cheese
- Organ meats
- Pork rinds (exception to the processed rule.)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Most vegetables of the Chicory family like radicchio, escarole, endive etc.
- Most of the leafy green veggies like kale, spinach, lettuce, Swiss chard, arugula, Bok Choy, turnip greens etc.
- Mustard (not with honey)
- Vinegar (avoid balsamic)
- Types of hot sauce
- Regular mayonnaise (full fat mayonnaise)
- Herbal tea
- Tea (do not add sweeteners like sugar or honey)
- Mix powders (like Crystal Light)
- Coffee (do not add sugar or milk)
How to Consume
- Consume foods from animal origin only, such as dairy, meat and eggs, because they are carb-free.
- Consume them until you feel full so that you won’t have any other cravings.
- You have to consume enough fat so that it will keep you full for a longer time and it will boost your energy.
- Get rid of all the sugary foods and beverages, you will also reduce sugar cravings this way.
- Just have a low-carb meal whenever you feel hungry and avoid counting the calories.
- Instead of consuming juice, just consume plain water. As mentioned before, avoid using sweeteners in your coffee or tea, because they are zero-carb beverages this way. Also, drink Seltzer water. If you want to achieve the best results just choose a low-carb beverage that is best for you. However, remember that water should be your primary beverage. Thus, keep in mind that it is very good to drink water throughout the whole day.
If you have been looking for a diet we believe that this low-carb one is the best for you. Just follow our instructions and watch out for those results, they will come in no time.