43 Zero Carb Foods + Six Tips For Eating Zero Carb
We should all be aware that the no carb diets do not exist. In this article, we will show you some foods and groups of food that aren’t really 100% lacking in carbs, but it’s considered that under 1g net carbs per serving are practically as good as zero. You should always make sure to check the labels on your food before you buy it!
The foods in the vegetable list contain about 0 and 1g net carb per serving although all the foods do not naturally contain carbohydrates. Meats and seafood are unprocessed food. When you process certain food, for example, jerky, ham, bacon, burgers etc., you have probably added it some carbs.
- Organ meats
- Pork rinds (this is an exception to the processed rule!)
- Heavy cream (very low carbs)
- Most types of cheese
- Corn oil
- Sunflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Safflower oil
- Olive oil
- Peanut oil
Vegetables (most of them contain around 0 and 1g net carb per serving):
- Chicory family (escarole, endive, radicchio)
- Leafy greens (kale, lettuce, arugula, spinach, turnip greens, Swiss chard, Bok Choy etc.)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Regular (full fat) mayonnaise
- Mustard (avoid honey varieties)
- Vinegar (NOT balsamic)
- Many types of hot sauce
- Tea (no milk or sugar)
- Herbal tea
- Diet soda
- Coffee (no milk or sugar)
- Drink mix powders (e.g. Crystal Light)
And as an extra bonus, here are a few zero carb recipes:
- Homemade Chipotle Beef Jerky
- Pepperoni Chips
- Lettuce Steak Wraps
- Parmesan Crisps
- Italian Baked Chicken Thighs
- Zero Carb Gummy Candies
- Pork Rind Crusted Bacon
- BBQ Pork Rinds
- Potted Crab
6 TIPS FOR EATING 0 CARB
Here are 6 tips about how you need to eat zero carb food!
1) Make sure to eat foods that are only from animal origin such as eggs, meat and dairy, as they don’t contain carbs.
2) Eat these products such asmeat, dairy and eggsuntil you are full and make sure you stay full! That is going to help you not to crave for other things.
3) You must avoid all sweets! Make sure to not eat any and decrease the craving!
4) Make sure to eat enough fat, because it’s going to keep you full and you will burst with energy!
5) When you are thirsty drink water, not juices!Seltzer waters, unsweetened tea, as well as unsweetened coffee are also in the group of zero-carb drinks. The preference is individual;therefore make sure to choose whatever works the best for you. Water is beverage drink that we all need the most, so make sure to drink plenty of it during the day. The best thing for everyone would be to drink water if you are thirsty and stop when you’re not.
6) Eat when you feel hungry and don’t count the calories! You must also stop eating when you are not hungry!