Banting Lunch – Cottage Pie Recipe
A low carb cottage pie with cauliflower and cheese topping is a great healthy dish anytime of the year.
A delicious, wholesome meal, with no added carbs or thickener.
- MINCE: 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 pkt White Mushrooms
- 1 tin Tomato Paste
- To season Spices
- 500g Mince CAULI-MASH :
- 200g Cauliflower
- To taste Butter
- 1 dash Cream
- TOPPING: To cover Cheddar, grated
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Slice up the white mushrooms and dice the green peppers.
- MINCE: Fry onions in butter. Add green pepper. When soft, add mince and fry. Add spices and seasoning (chillie, masala, pepper, etc depending on your taste). Cook for 5 mins. Add tomato paste and cook for 10 mins or so. Lastly add mushrooms. Simmer until mushrooms are soft.
- CAULI-MASH: Cut cauliflower and steam in microwave for 5-6 mins. Add butter and microwave for another 2 mins or so. Pop into a blender and blend with a dash of cream until smooth.
- Layer mince into a casserole dish. Top with cauli-mash. Top with cheese. Grill in oven until cheese melts and browns a bit.
A low carb cottage pie with cauliflower and cheese topping is a great healthy dish anytime of the year. A delicious, wholesome meal, with no added carbs or thickener. Ingredients: MINCE: 1 Onion, sliced 1 Green Pepper, diced 1 pkt White Mushrooms 1 tin Tomato Paste To season Spices 500g Mince...firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorF&F