Banting Lunch Moroccan Mince Recipe
Moroccan lamb mince and egg ‘breakfast’ tagine.
A great Middle Eastern dish featuring lamb mince.
- 500 g Lamb Mince
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- To fry Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 pinch Chili Flakes
- 5 strands Saffron
- 2×400 g Cans Chopped Tomato
- To taste Xylitol
- 1 cup Lamb Stock
- 1 small Plain Yogurt
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts or Sliced Almonds
- Chop up the garlic and the onion finely.
- Season the mince with the salt and pepper and brown in a glug of Olive Oil, then set it aside.
- Sautee the onion and garlic in the same pan that the mince was cooked in, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mince back into the pan, along with the coriander, the cumin, the ground cinnamon, the ginger, the paprika, the chilli flakes, the saffron, the cans of tomato the xylitol. Cover and simmer for 40 – 60 minutes (adding a little water if needed).
- After the mixture is well cooked, make 4 – 6 small hollows in the mince sauce and break an egg into each hole. Cover and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- To serve, put a dollop of plain yoghurt on each serving, and sprinkle with parsley and pine nuts or toasted sliced almonds.
Moroccan lamb mince and egg 'breakfast' tagine. A great Middle Eastern dish featuring lamb mince. Ingredients: 500 g Lamb Mince To taste Salt & Pepper To fry Olive Oil 1 Onion 2 cloves Garlic 2 tsp Coriander 2 tsp Cumin 1 tsp Cinnamon 1 tsp Ground Ginger 1 Tbsp Paprika 1...email@example.comAdministratorF&F