Banting Lunch – Portobello Burgers Recipe
A simple grilled hamburger recipe using portobello mushroom caps as the bun for a healthy alternative to regular hamburgers.
These delicious mushroom burgers will brighten up any meal!
- Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 8 large Brown Mushrooms
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- To fry Olive Oil
- To flavor Himalayan Salt
- To flavor Black Pepper
- 8 leaves Baby Spinach
- OPTIONAL:1 med Chilli, chopped
- Chop the parsley finely.
- Tip the burger ingredients into a large mixing bowl: mince, onion, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper (optional: chilli). Mix until well combined (you can use your hands). Shape into 8 burger patties. Heat a few glugs of olive oil in a large frying pan on medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, gently lay the burger patties in the pan and fry for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Turn the grill on in the oven. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray. Remove the stems and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side until done.
- To serve, divide the mushrooms between the plates and top each with a burger patty, spinach leaf, slice of tomato and a dollop of mayonnaise.
- You can also add some grated cheese for extra flavour.
A simple grilled hamburger recipe using portobello mushroom caps as the bun for a healthy alternative to regular hamburgers. These delicious mushroom burgers will brighten up any meal! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DoOgwm59Y0 Ingredients: Red Onion, chopped 1 Egg, beaten 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley 8 large Brown Mushrooms 1 Tomato, sliced 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise To fry...email@example.comAdministratorF&F