Banting Snack Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
Creamy, buttery chicken liver paté….
Perfect as a snack with seed crackers or a meal!
- 1/2 kg Chicken Livers
- 1 cup Milk
- 120ml Butter
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 2 tsp Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Green Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- Ensure that you use very fresh livers.
- In a bowl, soak the livers in the milk for 2 hours. Drain well.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken livers, 1 tablespoon of the peppercorns, the bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until the livers are browned on the outside and still slightly pink on the inside, about 5 minutes. Add the Cognac and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated and the livers are cooked through but still tender.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Discard the bay leaves.
- In a food processor, puree the liver mixture. Add the remaining butter in pieces and pulse to blend. Fold in the remaining 1 tablespoon peppercorns and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pack the pate into 6 individual ramekins or small moulds, about 30g each. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours.
Creamy, buttery chicken liver paté.... Perfect as a snack with seed crackers or a meal! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Q8GQQ-6Xw Ingredients: 1/2 kg Chicken Livers 1 cup Milk 120ml Butter 1 cup Chopped Onion 2 tsp Garlic, crushed 2 Tbsp Green Peppercorns 2 Bay Leaves 1 tsp Thyme, chopped 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Black Pepper ...firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorF&F