Banting Soup – Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe
A classic Greek soup that’s thickened with eggs and spiked with lemon.
This version has exchanged cauliflower for rice, to make it the perfect low carb soup.
- 1/2 medium Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 450g Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 large Egg
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, dice the onion; and cook and cube the chicken.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until you reach couscous consistency. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat until just hot. Add the onion and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add the broth and the bay leaf and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the chicken and cauliflower. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and egg. Slowly ladle in the broth, one cup at a time, whisking constantly.
- Stir the lemon-egg mixture into the soup. Season with salt and pepper and remove the bay leaf.
- Serve immediately.
A classic Greek soup that's thickened with eggs and spiked with lemon. This version has exchanged cauliflower for rice, to make it the perfect low carb soup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpbiyOwXMow Ingredients: 1/2 medium Cauliflower 1 Tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil 1/2 Onion 1 tsp Salt 6 cups Chicken Broth 1 Bay Leaf 450g Chicken...email@example.comAdministratorF&F