Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups – Banting Breakfast Recipe
Preparation time – 20 mins
Baking time – 25 mins
Makes – 12
- 12 strips Bacon
- 8 Large Eggs
- 115g Cheddar Cheese
- 85g Cream Cheese
- 4 medium Jalapeno Poppers
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- To taste Salt & Pepper
Perfect if you love a spicy kick to your breakfast!
These Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups would not only be great for breakfast, but for a snack, or a light lunch too!
- Get all the ingredients ready. Measure out all cheese and grate as needed. Prep the jalapenos by seeding and chopping them. Save 1 jalapeno that you can cut into rings as a garnish for the top. Preheat oven to 190C.
- Par-cook the bacon so it’s semi crisp but still pliable. Save the bacon grease in the pan.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together the eggs, cream cheese, chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers, leftover bacon grease, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease your muffin tin, then place the par-cooked bacon around the edges.
- Pour the egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin. Make sure you only go about half-way to 2/3 of the way up as they rise quite a lot.
- Add the cheddar cheese on the top of the muffin, then a jalapeno. Cook at 190C for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven to let cool. They will slowly deflate and give you a great treat.
Preparation time - 20 mins Baking time - 25 mins Makes - 12 12 strips Bacon 8 Large Eggs 115g Cheddar Cheese 85g Cream Cheese 4 medium Jalapeno Poppers 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp Onion Powder To taste Salt & Pepper Perfect if you love a spicy kick...firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorF&F